I was thinking of an e reader. But not sure. My library does have free ebooks. But they are only for the nook. And the only book store that has the nook is barns and noble. But I dont like to go to barns and noble. I only have a borders rewards card. There is a barns and noble in my state but its 1 hour away.
And borders is about 25 min away. So i was thinking that i should just go to borders and see what their e readers are like.My birthday is coming up in about 9 weeks what should i ask for?
Forget Kobo, Cruz, Kindle and iPad, it's so last year. Nook Color wins. There's over a million of free public ebooks as well as over a million of ebooks that you need to pay for available through Barnes %26amp; Noble eBook store. Prices are generally much lower than for physical books.
- Nook allows to lend books for 2 weeks to friends or to your other devices that run B%26amp;N app. Barnes %26amp; Noble allows (when you walk in with the Nook to B%26amp;N store) to read any available eBook for free while in the store via free provided in the store Wi-Fi. With Nook, while in BN store you get exclusive articles from top authors, and great offers including cafe treats and unique deals.
- Nook Color is better as a color e-Reader than Kindle simply because it has color and Kindle is black and white. Content that greatly benefits from color - such as kids books and magazines - looks much better and sharper on Nook Color's screen.
- Nook Color is better as an e-Reader in general than iPad. It has a new generation screen which is anti-glare coated and is better performing in sunlight than iPad's. Also, as it's smaller in size than iPad, the text appears sharper on Nook's screen. Also it has 12,000 (more soon) kids books that are built as a game with feedback.
- Nook Color has been picked as the editors choice by PC Magazine while pro reviewers of other sites (CNET, ZDNet, Engadget, AllThingsDigital, etc.) mentioned that it tested to be pretty fast for apps and PDF's, and has a beautiful screen.
- Overall, Nook Color is more than e-Reader as you can also watch video and use Android applications on it. It's a hybrid device, much more than just an e-Reader but not a full tablet as it doesn't have a camera. If all you want is to read novels, Kindle (or the original e-Ink Nook) might be better for you. If you want something more from your device at half of the price of iPad or Galaxy tab, then Nook Color is your best bet.
- Nook (unlike Kindle) can be used for library ebooks.
- Nook (unlike Kindle) can be used for renting text-ebooks.
I don't know and I think it may still be a little too early to ask because your B-day is just 9 weeks away. For the moment I'm just gonna have to wish you a happy birthday in 9 weeks time.My birthday is coming up in about 9 weeks what should i ask for?
Ask Jesus to come into your life. The best present is knowing you have eternal lifeMy birthday is coming up in about 9 weeks what should i ask for?
LapTop and the Sims 3 on XBOX.
^ That's my Christmas list =]
a life outside of Y!A