Thursday, February 9, 2012

How do you write a resume for first time job...?

This summer I'll will have already graduated high school and I will be looking for a job; how do I write a resume in today's modern format? I'll get applications from barns n noble, gamestop, norstrom, my neighborhood wal-mart and other places I am interested in. What I want to do in college in Graphic Design, Multimedia, Web Design and Information Technology (listed from most important to least) so anyone have any ideas?How do you write a resume for first time job...?
I found a template below - it's a pretty standard resume. The key for any resume is readability, and forthelove - make sure you don't make any typos.



If you do a search on google/yahoo/bing for 'high school resume' you'll come up with quite a few samples.



The other thing to do is to tailor your resume to each position you apply for - but since your applications are all fairly standard, and your experience is limited, there's not much you can do. You can always get a letter of reference from a teacher to help. Or if your marks are high, attach a transcript - anything to stand out.



Companies want someone who is intelligent, honest and hard working. Your job is to make your application say that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment