Monday, February 6, 2012

How do i know if the book is for kids?

my son is 12 years old . he read all Harry Potter books . now he is ordering from barns n noble site . is there any number or sign on the book so we can know which age group should read the book ?. like the games has T for teen and E for everyoneHow do i know if the book is for kids?
Your best option is to read each book yourself. This is what I do for the hundreds of books I give to nieces and nephews. CAUTION: Asking about a particular book here on Yahoo will not necessarily get you a responsible adult answer. Many teens are telling 10 year olds that it is okay for them to read TWILIGHT. If you have particular books in mind and IF I am familiar with them I can offer comments. I have created a website about books based upon the books I have given to nieces and nephews.



http://booksandmore4kids.googlepages.com



A teen/adult version is http://books4teensandadults.googlepages.鈥?/a>



I would suggest at this point your son should check out books like Hoot by Carl Hiaasen and those by Gary Paulsen. Also, he would like the Alex Rider series and others by Anthony Horowitz.



He should also be familiar with such classics as Old Yeller, The Yearling, Call of the Wild, White Fang, 20000 Leagues Under the Sea, Treasure Island, Huckleberry Finn, Tom Sawyer, etc.
I don't think so but if you go to barnsandnoble.com there is a kid section and an adult section which pretty much sepratets them.How do i know if the book is for kids?
Find out what section did the book come from and ask the librarian. They should tell you or go online to www.jclc.orgHow do i know if the book is for kids?
To the right of the book's picture on Barnes and Noble's website, there should be a list of things such as the publisher's name and the number of pages. Above the latter, it says which age group the book belongs to.



For example, I checked on Deathly Hallows, and the age range is 9-12.

No comments:

Post a Comment